Here's a fun meme from Howard at The Web Pen Blog: get your mp3 player or open your music library on your computer, set it to random and press play for the answer for the first question. For the answer to each subsequent question, just press forward and go to the next song. As you shall see with my commentary (in italics), some of the answers are nonsensical, and others are uncanny!
1. How am I feeling today?
Kiss and Make Up—Saint Etienne
I'm not always this apologetic and forgiving.
2. Will I get far in life?
I've been there many times, but it is one of the few cities I'd seriously consider relocating to.
3. How do my friends see me?
The angry chorus goes, "Feel like I'm dying", which can't be good.
4. Where will I get married?
5. What is my best friend's theme song?
Hello Sunshine—Super Furry Animals
She's not a hippie, but I can see her grooving to it.
6. What is the story of my life?
Some Kinda Love—Velvet Underground
Has Lou Reed's best lyric: "Between thought and expression / lies a lifetime."
7. What was high school like?
Walk On By—Dionne Warwick
How to be anonymous in a student body of 1800.
8. How can I get ahead in life?
Straight to You—Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Straight to who?
9. What is the best thing about me?
Sex Life—Black Box Recorder
Too funny... ah, if only.
10. How is today going to be?
Here Come The Warm Jets—Brian Eno
Does this mean #9 has some validity?
11. What is in store for this weekend?
Earn Enough For Us—XTC
Should I get that second job for some extra cash?
12. What song describes my parents?
Red Dust—Calexico/Iron & Wine
Not sure how that works, since they're both upper-Midwest bred city folk.
13. To describe my grandparents?
Underdog Victorious—Jill Sobule
Don't know much about them, but they did come from modest backgrounds.
14. How is my life going?
Your Secret—Steve Wynn
An enigma, as always.
15. What song will they play at my funeral?
It does have a neat opening line that could very well serve as an epitaph: "Never get angry at the stupid people."
16. How does the world see me?
Pressed In a Book—The Shins
See # 14.
17. Will I have a Happy Life?
Mess Around—Ray Charles
Apparently alcohol will be involved, but in a good way.
18. What do my friends really think of me?
One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces—Ben Folds Five
19. Do people secretly lust after me?
Taxi Ride—Tori Amos
I'll consider this next time I hail a cab.
20. How can I make myself happy?
Le Redecouverte—Yann Tiersen
From the Amelie soundtrack; translates as "rediscovery".
21. What should I do with my life?
22. Will I ever have children?
Will I adopt a black market internet baby?
23. What is some good advice for me?
You To Thank—Ben Folds
Seems sound to me.
24. What's that smell?
Vine St.—Harry Nilsson
I've never been to L.A., so does smog smell (bad)?
25. What is my signature dancing song?
Disco Nights (Rock-Freak)—GQ
Appropriate, although I couldn't even hum this one for you.
26. What do I think my current theme song is?
I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do—ABBA
Yikes! Am I that ready to settle down?
27. What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
Wherever I Lay My Phone (That’s My Home)—Super Furry Animals
I'm not that transient.
28. What type of GUYS do you like?
Whipping the Horse’s Eyes—Calexico
I don't even want to figure out what that means...
29. Now click next and that will be the subject of this bulletin:
Another Place to Fall—KT Tunstall
30. Your overall theme song?
The Diner—Ani DiFranco
Works for me, as long as the coffee's good.